ICOMOS National Committee Membership
Each National Committee is made up of its individual, institutional members, sustaining and honorary members. All the members must be qualified in the field of conservation, practicing the profession of architect, archaeologist, town planner, engineer, administrator of heritage, art historian or archivist. Individual membership may be granted in exceptional cases to other individuals interested in supporting the aims and objectives of ICOMOS.
Individual membership (Annual fee €40) is open to any individual actively engaged in the conservation of monuments, groups of buildings or sites:
- as a member of the scientific, technical or administrative staff of a national, regional or local monuments, fine arts or antiquities service;
- as a decision-maker or as specialist engaged in the conservation, restoration, rehabilitation and enhancement of monuments, groups of buildings and sites.
This definition may include architects, town planners, historians, archaeologists, ethnologists or archivists, and in certain cases other individuals interested in supporting the aims and objective of ICOMOS.
Institutional membership (Annual fee € 210) is open to any institution
- concerned with the conservation, protection, restoration, rehabilitation, enhancement or animation of historic monuments, groups of buildings and sites,
- including those which own or are responsible for historic monuments, groups of buildings and sites,
- and those which devote all or a part of their efforts to such activities.
Sustaining membership (Annual fee to be determined on a case by case basis) is open to any individual or institution which would like to support the aims and activities of ICOMOS or which would like to contribute to international co-operation in the field of conservation of the cultural heritage.
Honorary membership of ICOMOS is conferred solely by the ICOMOS General Assembly in response to a proposal from an ICOMOS National Committee, upon individuals who have rendered outstanding services in the field.